40 thoughts you have during a pub quiz
We’re off to a pub quiz tonight at our local. It’s one we go to quite often at The Wingerworth in Chesterfield. Mr P and I both love a pub quiz and we’re sometimes quite good at it (well, we do have Pointless on series link) but sometimes we’re the worst. Here are some thoughts that go through my head during the quiz…
1. Oh, there aren’t many teams here tonight – we’ve got a good chance.
2. Screw the quiz, get me a prosecco.
3. Oh no, here’s the super serious quiz team that always wins.
4. We’ve got no chance.
5. At least we’re not competitive like them, we’re just here to have fun.
6. Hope we beat them though.
7. They’ve not even got a drink – they’re so tight.
8. They shouldn’t be allowed to play, let alone win.
9. £1 isn’t bad to play the quiz though is it?
10. Ok, they’re about to start – shhhhhhhhhhhh.
11. I know this one!
12. That’s the only one though.
13. The answer is definitely Mexico.
14. Actually no, Brazil – definitely Brazil.
15. Shall I scribble out Mexico or just write Brazil over the top?
16. Can you read that – I’ve done it in bold.
17. Ok, I’ll just scribble out Mexico.
18. Oh god, the team will kill me if it’s wrong – really hope it’s Brazil.
19. Can you repeat the question please?
20. She’s definitely emphasising the word “which” – is that a clue?
21. Those old people definitely won’t know who had a number one with Gangnam Style.
22. But they might know who succeeded Richard III.
23. Please brain – work!
24. As if you don’t know the answer to this.
25. What is it? You must know!
26. Football is your thing – how can you not know the answer?
27. I’m so angry right now.
28. Ooooh chip cobs!
29. Marking time – I feel like a teacher.
30. Ha they got that one wrong.
31. Oh but the rest right.
32. Wonder how many we’ve got – must be more, surely?
33. Those teenagers keep cheering after every question.
34. There’s no way they knew that Shakespearean actor.
35. They’re definitely cheating – must have been looking on their phones.
36. Wish we’d have done that.
37. But you’re only cheating yourselves.
38. Wait a second…we’ve come last… how did that happen?
39. At least we get a bag of crisps.
40. Just smile and pretend you’re just here to have fun.