Coco Travels is committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains how I collect information about you, how I use the information we collect, and how you can instruct me if you prefer to change the use of that information.
Coco Travels will update this Privacy Notice on a regular basis so that it reflects the measures we are taking in relation to your personal data. This Privacy Notice was last updated on the 26th May 2018.
1. Who I am
Coco Travels is a blogger and online influencer bringing you fantastic and original travel content and inspiration. I want to explore the world one adventure at a time, and take you with me!
Coco Travels is a data controller and a data processor in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. How I collect your information
Information about you will be collected by Coco Travels in a number of ways:
• When you subscribe to the blog
• When you contact me
• When you take part in competitions
• When you use my website
• When you interact with me through social media or email
3. What personal information I collect
Coco Travels may collect the following types of personal data about you:
• Name and contact information (address, email and telephone number)
• Date of birth
• Information relating to your online interaction with Coco Travels, for example the pages you visit on our websites, your IP address, device and browser type, as well as social media interactions
4. How I use the information I collect
I may use your personal information in the following ways:
• To record your interactions with me
• To contact you by email, post, text message or phone with relevant communications about Coco Travels, such as newsletters and promotions
• To personalise the services and communications I offer you
• To help inform and improve the relevance of my online advertising
• To analyse data so that I can better understand reader behaviours, trends and the impact of my marketing
• To inform future content
Where I process your personal information it may be held by trusted third party companies which process it on my behalf.
5. How long I keep your information
I retain your personal information for as long as it is needed to fulfil the service you requested. When your information is no longer required I will delete it securely.
6. How I keep your information safe
I follow good security practices in the processing, storage and disclosure of information which you have given me. I monitor your information where practical to do so to check that it is accurate and up to date.
7. Disclosing your information to other organisations
I may use trusted third parties to process your information on my behalf and when I do, appropriate data privacy contracts will be in place. I’ll only transfer your personal information on the understanding that the third party have in place adequate technical and organisational measures to protect that information.
The data that I collect from you may be transferred to, processed or stored at, a trusted third party destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
I may release your information to the police or other authorities where I am under a legal obligation to do so.
I may engage with trusted third parties to analyse data about my readers in order to provide me with greater insight into reader behaviour for the purpose of informing future developments.
I may also provide anonymous statistics to reputable third parties for the purpose of analysis. These statistics will not include any personal information.
8. Your rights
You may, at any time:
• Ask me what information I hold about you and what I am doing with it
• Request copies of the information I hold about you
• Ask me to correct your information if it is inaccurate
• Request that I delete your information
• Ask me to change the way I process your information
• Object to my processing of your information
• Change how I communicate with you
If you want to unsubscribe from Coco Travels emails, you will find an unsubscribe link on the footer of all emails.
9. How to get in touch
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or wish to exercise your data privacy rights, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org